Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Blog Fact-Checkers Sacked! Openings for Interviews?

In my haste to get the post up yesterday I failed to get the facts straight (once again!).  Those responsible for checking and double-checking the facts, pictured above,  have been sacked in response to the error.  It's tough finding good help nowadays! I tried to find something meaningful about every single person on the photo and only missed by 2 or 3; Not bad for a one-time hermit!

I'll let our Chief Laundry and Morale Officer set things straight once again:

 Dave – the ‘80 team scored lower than the ’79 team which scored lower than the ’78 team (which placed 4th in the NC2A meet – as Harry always referred to it).  The ’79 and ’80 teams both finished 3rd.  I think that ’80 team was the best (out of PSU teams that didn’t finish first – Horace Ashenfelter and crew didn’t have to run against Rono and Nyambui) because we had such depth – in the ’80 District II meet, we had three guys under 30:00 for 10K (repeated that at the NC2A meet a week later) and Dwight Stephens ran 30:01.  The ’79 squad was good, but not as good as the group that came a year later (in my opinion).

1 comment:

  1. For anyone interested, I am Beavis AND Butthead, as I'm the one who messed up all the facts of the 78, 79 and 80 teams. Sorry for the confusion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics