Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Training Tips From a Mediocre Runner!

Actually, due to physical limitations,  I think I got closer to my ultimate potential as a runner than many of the people that were ahead of me in college.  I never would have come close without a fateful decision I made when a Junior in High School.  As my basketball career fizzled, I decided to concentrate on running, which I had only started to "get in shape" for basketball.  I made the decision to run Doubles, which I consider the most important and rewarding decision any young runner can make. I even experimented with Triples, but found it to be counter-productive.  I was pretty much self-coached, as my track coach was a great motivator but didn't know much about distance running.  I made plenty of mistakes, but the decision of running Doubles overcame all of them.

But now, it may have turned out to be overkill, as geeky scientists are tantalizingly close to cramming a workout into a pill!  Oh well, it's what you get when you take training advice from a mediocre runner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics