Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Bonus Just For My Readers

We will shortly begin our final push for entries for the 11th Annual Coach Harry Groves Golf Tournament in conjunction with the First Annual Penn State Track and Field and Cross-Country Program's Alumni Reunion.  Our hope in combining forces is to attract more and more alumni to both events, help honor the current and past teams, coaches and alumni.  Strength of the current and future program has never been more dependent on support from its past members.  Even the strongest of Division I University Teams have never faced the perils that are now all around us.  Teams with over 100 years of tradition, and teams with history at the top of the heap for decades are being eliminated every year.  There are teams in every State surrounding Pennsylvanis that have been eliminated in recent years. Our efforts to unite all PSU Track Alums, including pre-NCAA Women, families and friends may very well strengthen PSU's future teams.  A worthy endevour!  Set the weekend aside for the festivities, May 18-20, 2012.

As a bonus for readers of the No. 1 Track and Field/Physics Blog in the World, I have purchased 1 GB Thumb Drives for the first 40 Paid Golfers in this year's tourney.  We very much need a big turn-out this year, and this will be a big thank you to those willing to step up first.  I won't advertise the offer anywhere else, but feel free to forward the link to this post to anyone not knowing about us. Spreading the word is what we are all about.


I'm debating whether to add anything to the drives before dispensing, possibly my Nittany Lion Shrine Photo etc., but I probably won't.  People fear viruses too much already!

4 comments:

  1. Dave, It looks like it would be hard to be able to steer the car while wearing that very attractive thumb drive. Does it come with instructions and is it approved by the NHSTA?
    Thanks! S.Shisler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smarta**! hee hee My daughter's insist on calling them thumb drives. Of course they also insist that the world will boil in less than 5 years, so what they are being taught in school is quite suspect. I just saw a "Solid State USB Drive" from Victorinox (the Swiss Army Knife people) with 1 TB (yeah,1 Terabyte!) that fits in a small army knife. Problem is it will sell for $3,000. I'll stick to my 1 GB Penn State Track Alumni "Thumb Drive". It is currently storing my entire running log from 1975 to present!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there another one for Penn State Field Alumni? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I really feel bad! I saved myself a little money by keeping the letter count down. You know that us "Track" guys always include you "Field" guys in everything we do! Some of my best friends are Field guys. I'm not an "Anti-Field Bigot"! I swear. (although I hang my head in shame.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics