Monday, October 29, 2012

Sandy Gave Me a Day Off Work! Maybe 2!



I hope everyone is safe and sound on the East Coast.  I've had contact with several people in the direct path of the storm and everyone seems to be well prepared. There will be effects felt over as large an area as I've ever seen.  The Great Lakes area need to be prepared.  And the Canaan Valley in West Virginia is bracing for 3 feet of snow! I used to XC Ski there in my younger days.  And here's my reminisces of another storm during "the best week of my life".

Coworkers decided it was better to be safe than sorry, so I actually called off a day of work.  I'll run extra on the treadmill as long as the electricity grid holds up (sorry Ron!), but will have to venture outside in the maelstrom if the power goes out like one year ago.

As the storm is predicted to be right on top of my house on Tuesday, I possibly will miss two days of work, which will take me weeks of horribly extra work to catch up, but c'est la vie.

Here's a great photo of the B1G Cross Country Women's start on Sunday from our friend Patrick Davey, a Tennessee alum and as good a photog as I've ever seen.  I'll send him this hat-tip as a way of consoling his frustration on another football season going awry!  It's not like PSU alums don't know about football travails.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics