Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I'm Guilty As Charged

I have recently been accused via an anonymous commenter of living in the past.  It is a charge I hear often, and yes, I'm guilty as charged.  I do, however, manage to live in the present also.  My daughters guarantee a bright future, so I'm all good.  I will say the times spent at PSU among the rest of the Track "rabble" (I say that with affection and poke-you-in-the-ribs glee!) were among my best ever.  And I look forward to The Singularity, when I'll again at least break 4:15 for the mile!

There was one thing pointed out to me that hit home and demonstrates that the 70's and 80's (I know the apostrophes are wrong here!) might not be all that great like my mind imagines they were.  That would be Up With People as the halftime show of the Super Bowl in 1982.   I may agree.



This was parodied on The Simpson as "Hooray for Everyone" or something similar in the First Season's Thanksgiving Day Halftime Show.*

*A Salute to the Western Hemisphere, the "Dancin-est" Hemisphere on Earth!

2 comments:

  1. It's your blog. Tell the anonymous poster to go scratch (or just re-focus on the running site message board that seems to occupy most of their waking hours - odd behavior for someone nearing 60)! The past is awesome, it's when we were all faster, lighter and had heads full of dark colored hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me guilty too!

    The past gives you benchmarks against that one may measure your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics