Friday, April 7, 2017

No Wind For My Sails


It has been a tough week for me.  After last week's horrible news, I had to carry on through a very horrible week at my work too.  And my wife's week was much worse than mine.  So, if the blog has suffered a little bit, my apologies many times over.  Thanks to our newest officer for posting the interesting tale of the Barkley Marathons.


Stephen Black's last acting gig was as George Washington in the reenactment of Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death" speech.  This is currently being performed at St. John's Episcopal Church in Richmond, Virginia, the original setting for the real thing.  Steve's memorial service will be happening at the same church sometime in May.  I will post this again when details are firmed up.

Steve even had the opportunity to toast the newest beer from the Stone Brewing Company portraying George Washington with Thomas Jefferson and Patrick Henry in tow.  Maybe the first time in history that the three of them carpooled!

Please stop by the obituary and add a remembrance of Steve.  These things help the grieving family and friends more than you know.  I will also post links to Steve's other acting gigs in the future.




Thomas Jefferson, George Washington and Patrick Henry  toast the new ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics