Sunday, December 26, 2010

More Living in the Past (As If I Needed More!)

Ah, the 70's.  Platform shoes, leisure suits, gas "shortages" and 3 television channels to choose from!  But then again, some of the greatest track and XC races even to this day.  I was hoping to bring everyone a photo of Alan Scharsu's original Nike Disco Shoes (slicker than crap through a goose, literally), but we'll have to settle for these 2 gems instead.

First up is Charlie Maguire's 1973 final lap in the NCAA 6-mile from Baton Rouge.  Charlie was one of the toughest runners I ever saw, the others being Alberto Juantorena and Seb Coe



Next is a great article forwarded to me from Phil Passen (before setting out on a snowy NYC 12-miler!!) and group friend  Henry Klugh, (who I could beat in the Mile only by tripping him with a lap to go!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics