Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Old School Nike Goodness and Keeper of the Golden Putter at Hayward Field?


Our Official Photo Supplier and Track Historian, Walt Chadwick, has sent me these two old Nike Prototype photos from the days of yore.  First up is their initial Astroturf Shoe.  Second is the prototype for the LDV, discussed previously, taking width to gargantuan proportions.  Walt relates that he ran in a lot of prototypes, but not these.  I'll bet his lower extremities are grateful for that!



And he also sent me this old-school photo of Keeper of the Golden Putter, Greg Fredericks at Hayward Field, I believe (?).  Great form as always.

Stop by Walt's website for some good vintage (and other) Track/XC photos.  A great gift idea this time of year.  He will have some early 80's PSU/Penn Relays beauties for this year's Reunion if the stars align properly!  Can't wait. 

And here's another shot of Hayward Field we all know and love.  That's it in the background as Otter tees off and beans Niedermeyer (Dead Man) on the helmet.  Look fast or you'll miss it!



4 comments:

  1. Dave - I don't this this is Hayward Field in that photo of Greg. Not sure exactly where it is, but pretty sure not Eugene. LTM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda knew that, but felt it was good for a few comments and an excuse to post the Animal House trailer! Anyone figures out where it is (in the Greg photo), let me know!! The closest I ever came to Hayward Field is Denver CO, so what do I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By just mentioning Hayward Field, the blog will get many hits. That's the upside. The downside is, many many people will know what an idiot I am! C'est La Vie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And someone just pointed out my misspelling of Edgar ALLAN Poe's name in the "Did You Know" section. You readers are good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics