Friday, June 7, 2013

A Pleasant Summer Evening in Eugene

Robbie Creese eased into the finals of the 1500 M at the NCAA semifinals with a 3:43.55.  Several others attained PR's in other events but didn't make it past the semis. It is still amazing how nearly all of them are at the top of their game, prepared and trained by a great coaching staff.  Huzzahs all around.

Penn State Track Alumni (Golfers) are in the crowd, spreading the word of the soon-to-be largest and most active Track Alumni Group in the world.  Jake Bartholomy sent me this great pic of already legendary Sam Masters biding his time before the 5000 M finals in the stands.

Sam Masters. Photo by Jake Bartholomy

And I mistook this for an Alumni Singlet at first on my Palm Pre Plus phone screen (Yes, I'm holding out against the evil Apple Empire with a 5 year old phone!) but it's really an authentic 1992 PSU jersey that just happened to find itself in Jake's wardrobe.  "I have no idea how that got there Coach Groves. I swear."

NOT an Alumni Singlet!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics