Monday, June 3, 2013

More Tempting Tidbits For My Wife I Won't Let Her See

With my posting of the Mt. Everest Marathon, Janet Norem sent me This from the Dark Continent.  I'm not going to show my wife it at all. And she almost never reads my blog anyway, and rolls her eyes a lot when she does.


But there also has been a big, big increase in Antarctica Marathons in the last few years.  Nearly all of them claim some sort of "First" or "Unique" status.  But I had a professor of anatomy in Podiatry School who ran in the very first one in the mid 70's.  It was a 5-Mile loop on one of only a few paved roads on the continent at the time.  Most of the "Official" ones today aren't even on the continent, they are merely within the Antarctic Circle.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics