Thursday, September 12, 2013

There Are Heroes Among Us: Must Read Article

If I told you someone sandwiched defeating Nazis between two NCAA Championships, you might start to think I was making up stories.  Which I only inadvertently do!  If I added that he was subsequently honored more than once by the Sons of the American Revolution, you would be even more convinced.

And yet these are just some of the things which are quite true, and from a member of our very group.  Howard Horne Jr. is a true American Hero, 2-time Nittany Lion XC Champion and former Counter-Intelligence Officer during both the Korean War and World War II.

Howard Horne Jr.
I'm not even going to excerpt any of the article, you have to read it all!


Thanks to former Nittany Lion and Delaware Fighting Blue Hen Jim Bray for the tip on this one!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics