Friday, October 11, 2013

Half of Running is 90% Mental

Well, somebody finally tried to quantify it.  And came up with the figure of 14% She says 14% of running is mental.  Great!  That leaves me with just 86% to start.  With a body that's half what it once was, at best, that leaves me with being 43% of a real runner.  Maybe he's on to something? That feels about right.



But to get serious for once, I was directed to this article about one of our very own Stephanie Pezullo will be lacing up her shoes in her second marathon this weekend, the Chicago Marathon, and has already won.  I say that after reading the article.  And you should read it all too.

For those who don't know, Pezz was once a star on the Nittany Lion Soccer team.  When her eligibility ran out she contacted the track coaches and walked onto the distance team.  She had a good year with the Nits and her career has steadily gotten better since.

I knew just a little bit of the things detailed in the extensive article, and I already considered her a role model for overcoming adversity.  Knowing more humbles me beyond words.  Now she is near the pinnacle of my PSU Track Alumni Role Models. Her road is never really going to be downhill, but I hope the prayers and thoughts of the rest of us rabble in "The Group" always puts a little wind behind her back.  And I officially invite her to a future Coach Groves Golf Tourney/Reunion.  I'm sure Coach Groves would be pleased.


1 comment:

  1. This young woman's faith and perseverance are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics