Saturday, October 26, 2013

Our Application Is In!


UPDATE: It looks like we are in!!!!!

After our Group's teams at the Penn State National XC Meet and USATF Masters XC Championships had to enter as members of the Nittany Valley Track Club instead of Penn State Track/XC Alumni. I decided it was about time to become officially entered as a USATF Club.  (Nothing against the very fine Nittany Valley Track Club for which most of us competed with at one time or another.)

So I actually registered as a USATF athlete (ha!) and coach (ha ha!) in order to put in an application for a Club titled Penn State Track/XC Alumni.  I figured we already have a web site to refer to! I listed myself as temporary President until a real election can be held to dethrone me!  I also funded the venture for 2 years, pending approval.  I'm not sure if using the name Penn State will derail things or if another organization with a similar name has already been registered.   I guess we'll find out. Hope the Golf thing doesn't confuse them too much.

My hope is that all of us, both young and old, can use the Club as a way of representing our Group with even more pride than the Alumni Singlets already bring out.  I am frequently alerted by people who have seen the singlets in action all over the place.  And I hope that it continues to spread like a beneficial virus. 

A new Alumni Singlet and Workout t-shirt will be promoted soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics