Saturday, November 16, 2013

Fischer Fourth at Mid-Atlantic Pre-Nats: Lady Lions Also Third

Matt Fischer again led the race for a significant portion and finished fourth for the Nittany Lions.  The Men finished fifth overall with 3 Freshman chipping in.


The ladies (am I allowed to say that?) finished third and are projected to make the Nationals, although the official announcement won't come until 3:00PM today.

All-Region Finishers and Coach Gondak and Coach Sullivan.

PSU Lady Lions in the lead early.
The race was also the last XC race for Senior Nick Scarpello, who was third for the Men. He sums it up quite well.


Thanks everyone, to my mom and dad, and to Steve and bill and Ian for coming to my last race, and all my other friends and family and teammates who helped me through these last six cross country seasons. It went by way too fast and I will miss it a ton- I'll especially miss the nerves of the start line and that fire in the legs with 1000 meters to go. XC is the best season- a sport that made me feel overwhelmingly weak and yet immensely powerful all in the same moment, battling through the grass, dirt and mud with teammates. Feel so blessed to have ended it on a high note. Kicked it home with all I had. Thanks to those who supported me through it. Best of luck to Fischer, Leigha, and Marta (and the rest of the ladies if they qualify) at nationals. Kick a**, State!
I hated to tell him that things actually start to accelerate after college!  But I think he can handle it.

Connor Quinn and Nick Scarpello. Photo by Sally Smith Pondel.

Wade Endress, Nick Scarpello, Austin Pondel and Connor Quinn. Photo from Sally Smith Pondel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics