Friday, November 15, 2013

It Isn't Too Early to Prepare For Golf!

Dave Matson demonstrates skills valuable for the Coach Groves Golf Tourney.
The Universe of PSU Track and Field Alumni never ceases to amaze me.  As I've taken the job of herding cats to come to the Reunion and Coach Groves Golf Tourney every year, I have been constantly amazed at the variety of talents we possess as a group.

Art is something I know almost nothing about.  Despite appearances, I do know a lot about many, many things.  Trivia and general knowledge are among my interests.  But Art is not among those things.

Former Lion and current President of Nike Inc. Mark Parker is an avid collector.  Some of his collection adorn his office in Beaverton.  Here's an article featuring a day in his life in the Wall Street Journal. But my ignorance of Art makes me unable to discern the differences between his collection and those of Mr. Ed's Elephant Museum on Route 30 between Gettysburg and Chambersburg.

Mr. Ed's Elephant Museum.

Mark Parker in his office.
I have attempted to herd Mark and Kathy to our event many times.  I can certainly understand their inability to attend.  I have even promised to be possibly the only person on Earth to not ask them for money when I see them.  Everyone who has attended one of our events knows that everyone is an equal in our group.  I promise to treat each and every person just as shabbily as the next person!*

*I actually make that promise often.  People are treated quite well, however.  Only 2 people have told me they didn't enjoy themselves, and one of those returned again anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics