Thursday, November 21, 2013

Cushioning is Back!

The minimalist running shoe fad has, surprise surprise, led to injuries. Well looks like the injured have turned to trainers with a plethora of cushioning to stay healthy. The minimalist fad never made much sense to me as every half decent runner I know trains in normal (cushioned or stability) running shoes. Of course you can find an article or research to support your opinion on just about anything so what do I know.

We all know Dave's opinion on barefoot running (here and here). Go figure a podiatrist would have some knowledge regarding proper footwear. "A little heel height never hurt anyone."

1 comment:

  1. Anyone calling me for a foreign body in their foot from running barefoot with be publicly shamed on this blog! And I'm not sure it will be covered in the new healthcare world!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics