Monday, April 9, 2012

Which is More Likely, Me Breaking 100 at Golf, or Wilt Breaking 100 at Basketball

We all know the Answer! (I've come close, but never finished it off. A bad writer, a worse golfer...)

But Greg Fredericks was there the night that Wilt scored triple digits.  It was at the same venue where I saw my first two Rock Concerts (Grand Funk Railroad and Kiss!).  The HersheyPark Arena, then known as the Hershey Sports Arena was the scene of a Philadelphia Warriors home game, and a ten-year-old Greg got to see all the Magic with his brother.

Here's proof, even with the notation of the time left in the game when he scored the 100th point, hastily scrawled by his brother.

Maybe the coolest thing ever!




1 comment:

  1. I wasn't at Hershey, but I remember it because it was my 7th birthday and I was a big (still am) '76er fan! I had the honor of meeting Wilt years later at a track meet in Sacramento. What a thrill!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics