Monday, April 23, 2012

Old Friends

I don't really mean a friend who is old!  I mean someone who has been a friend for quite a while, which probably means the same thing anyway.  Sorry Greg!



That's Greg Cauller, a friend from waaaaay back in high school, who now coaches Northeastern York cross country and track. I happened to run into him at the Herb Schmidt Relays this past weekend. We had some spirited races back in the day, and I probably never won any of them.  I do wish he had been in the same division as me in high school.  Even if I hadn't beaten him, I would have had a lot of better PR's to talk about.  Our best ever race was a Turkey Trot 10-miler in 1976 where I ran probably my best race ever.  He was also just ahead of me in that one.  I also won a turkey that day!

Greg went on the run for Penn and Millersville but would have made an excellent Nittany Lion, I have no doubt.  He never stopped his career after college, and has been on the top of his age group regionally ever since.  I would love to know his career mileage, but he relates he hasn't kept track like us obsessive types.

Wouldn't it  be nice if you could randomly run into a bunch of  old friends all in one place?

Well, sign up for the 1st Annual Penn State Track and Field Alumni Reunion and the 11th Annual Coach Harry Groves Golf Tournament right now.

Time is running out.  I think they are serious about the cut-off date, so don't lollygag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics