Friday, April 20, 2012

In Praise of Food Service and the Picking of Foursomes

I've never hid my love of "institutional" food.  I loved the Dining Halls back in the day except for the inevitable fried perch we had every day following a late practice when they ran out of the daily entree. The changes that Penn State Dining has undergone since the day of the Chicken Cosmo  (and Here) and the Egg Cutlet have been extraordinary.  The range of selections for every possible dietary restriction and choice is really indredible.  I'll bet there are still the same number of complaints that there used to be, but I'll also bet almost all of them are unwarranted.  And then there is this praise from a student with celiac disease who says Penn State's Food Service changed her life.


And I have received several questions about foursomes for the 11th Annual Coach Harry Groves Golf Tournament.  Each year, the assignment of foursomes has changed, and this year will apparently be no different.  The final decision has not been made, but it may be a combination of the old method and last year's method.  That is, a combination of selecting the foursomes according to ability to even the field, and allowing people to purchase the opportunity to choose their own foursome.  Possibly my idea of the ability to purchase the opportunity to select your cart-mate and then randomly assigning two carts to each foursome will be utilized.  I feel this would allow people to be comfortable with a friend yet allow for the ability top meet someone new and even the chances of having your name engraved on the Coach Harry Groves Memorial Cup.

But remember, I have only made the suggestion and will not be involved in the final choice.  I'm all about plausible deniability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics