Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday Blues

"I don't want to work, I just want to bang on the drum all day..."


The Penn Relays are over and I must return to work again.  So a little mirth is required.  So I bring back "The Bear Story", which is a true account of my encounter just off the Blue Golf Course in the summer of 1980.  Let's pretend this recent photo and video are from my bear.  It's not stretching it a bit either; it looks almost exactly as it did that day in front of Old Main!Even the trees look similar.



5 comments:

  1. In the pic, the bear looks like it is on its way into the pole vault pit after clearing the cross bar...with spotters and officials in drag. KKOB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you dare make fun of Mark "Beef" Heckel like that! hee hee hee "That's good shooting Tex!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That actually looks like KKOB in a bear suit......too many beers that day for the bear!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had three bears visit our neighborhood earlier this week in State College. The Centre Daily Times wrote an article about it, and quoted me, although many important details are incorrect (i.e. the bears were in my neighbor's yard, not mine). http://www.centredaily.com/2012/04/30/3180412/three-bears-roaming-park-forest.html
    -Karl Shellenberger, Track/XC 95-99

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time to get the darts out! I was never really afraid of bears, and have seen many since without fear. But that day I actually was in shock and lost a significant amount after time. Talk about Fight or Flight!! I am no fighter...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics