Monday, October 3, 2011

Coffee and Snow*

We got a pretty good response to the poll question about the nationwide price of a cup of coffee and I wanted to follow up with it.  Those who value documentation will again be angry with me because I failed to remember the source of the information, but the average price is $1.62.  I've never been a big coffee drinker although I do enjoy it when I have a cup.  For year's now I have tried to limit myself to one cup of coffee per week, but that has nearly doubled in the past year.  I will put another coffee poll up now with the question, "How many cups of coffee do you have in a normal day?"  Could prove interesting...

And my patients this AM are all abuzz about the fact that State College got a measurable amount of snow yesterday*, although I haven't heard anyone from Happy Valley complaining about it.  The earliest I remember it snowing was when I was a Freshman in 1977.  On October 12, I went outside for my 6:00 AM run (I really did, Coach!) then slipped and fell on the 4 inches of white stuff on the ground.  My very first injury while at PSU.  Oh, the memories...

* Confidential sources in University Park do not confirm frozen precipitation in the past day, although mountain cabin owners confirm snow in the surrounding mountains. No injuries are yet documented.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics