Saturday, October 15, 2011

"His mudder was a mudder..."

Even non-participants like the ever-working Jess Riden (I really need to come up with a proper title for her group status!) found the driving rain and dirt in a emulsified, colloidal suspension (otherwise known as mud) difficult at yesterdays Penn State Open.  The Men placed first in the event and the Women third in a strong field.

Kyle Dawson placed third overall in the difficult conditions on the 5.2 mile Blue/White course. Vince McNally followed up in 7th place.  On the women's side,  Kara Millhouse and Caitlin Lane placed 4th and 5th in the wet conditions. At least it wasn't snow!

The Alumni Team was short a man, but I would like to think that all of us in the vast audience of this blog were the fifth man they so desired!  I salute Kevin Fuller,  Matt Groves, Chris Ferry and Cody Edling for braving the weather and representing us in stellar fashion. I'm hoping someone will come up with some photos of them as my day-job kept me away from playing in the mud.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics