Tuesday, July 16, 2013

"Let's Put Together a PSU Track Alumni Records List"

Matt Groves came up with this idea last night.  But since I was already asleep at 8:30PM I responded to it this AM. (Thanks Matt, I don't have enough to do already!) I agree it's a good idea, but realize it will be an arduous task, fraught with mistakes and errors.  In other words, right down my alley.

Matt means we should compile a list of all the best marks for a post-graduate Penn State Track and Field athlete in each event recognized by the IAAF.

He opines that Cas Loxsom's recent 1:45.98 must be the 800 M record, but I'm not so sure?

 Watch more video of KBC Night of Athletics (Heusden) 2013 on flotrack.org

I opined that James Carney has the 10000 M record with 27:43.  I think that's right, but won't look it up so that I can...

Have Everyone Join Us in a Crowd-Sourced List!

Respond with any you may know in the comments, in an email, via carrier pigeon or by yelling from the mountaintops.  I figure this will be an ongoing enterprise each of us can do a little bit toward.

3 comments:

  1. Do guys like Luke Watson with PSU degrees count? Not sure where he falls but his marathon is possibly up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew this would get complicated fast! I suppose they shouldn't count, but we could include them with an asterisk. (A good asterisk, not like Barry Bonds!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone who has earned a degree (undergrad or grad) from PSU should count in the standings (sans asterisk). Watson should get extra credit for a PhD in Accounting (Tax emphasis)!!! LTM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics