Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I Was Told There Would Be No Math On This Blog

I briefly alluded to a big donation made before the recent Track Alumni Reunion and Coach Groves Golf Tourney.   Although the person wishes to remain Anonymous, I have pieced together enough to out him right here on the blog.
  1. The first clue is that I have heard he/she reads the blog at least occasionally. That makes him/her pretty cool.
  2. The second clue was the actual amount of the donation.  It was $26,385.00.  This was pointed out to me as representing the marathon distance in dollars.  Sort of.  A pretty cool way to give a donation, don't you think?
So I have concluded that Anonymous is actually the one and only Joe Cool!  It all makes sense now.  The amount represents dropping a dollar about every 1.75 yards during an entire marathon! 

That's (26 miles * 1760y/mile) + 385y/$26,385.00 = 1.749 yards/$  (Check my math!)
Artist's Conception.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics