Sunday, July 7, 2013

Penn State Track Alumni Golfers Can Do Almost Anything

Steve and Beth Shisler at the Eastern Masters USATF Meet
When you consider that Beth Shisler is running 400 M times not far off what she was running while in college*, you must agree that her Coach Steve Shisler must be doing something right.  Also consider that both ran a marathon last year.  That's a really good range of talent.  I am delighted to be able to call them both friends.  And it's only through the idea of a PSU Track Alumni golf tourney dreamed up by Clark Haley back in 2002.

I really think Beth can do almost anything.  Except maybe lift a refrigerator.  But never fear, Ryan Whiting is in town for any contingencies.  Apparently, it's part of shot put training or something.

I don't think it was just the box either!

My daughter will be attending the PSU Track and Field Camp next week to learn multi-events.  My dream of doing the decathlon died in 1977, but with the advent of women entering the event in the next few years, maybe Anne can substitute for me!  Maybe even learn a tip or two from Ryan for what would be her worst event?

*I never divulge the age of women.  It's a rule that never fails to garner thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics