Thursday, August 22, 2013

Optimism and Pessimsm* in an Uncertian Age

or "What Does This Have To Do With PSU Track/XC?

Most familiar with me know I'm not nearly the optimist I aspire to on this blog (sometimes with little success!).  I, in fact, can veer severely to the opposite side.  One thing that always drags me back is the wonderful experience I had as part of "The Team" at PSU.  Over the years I have learned that I vastly underestimated the intelligence and uniqueness of just about everyone else involved with the team.  It is truly inspiring to see the heights those affiliated with PSU Track in every era attain in so many divergent aspects of life.  Confidant, competitive, cerebral and compassionate all come to mind.  It gives me optimism for the future the world would otherwise steal from me.

It is with that optimism that I look forward to another year of great XC and Track.

*On the pessimistic side I will note I'm dismayed at the younger set's dependence on their cell phones and their continuance of the low-rise pants that just won't fit an out-of-shape type like me. But that's just splitting hairs.  Good luck, all of you.

2 comments:

  1. Give yourself some credit, you'd look awesome in those pants

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee hee I'm soon opting for the grandfather armpit height I think!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics