Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Fifth Place in Our Golf Tourney Brings No Shame Even When Dressed Inappropriately

Matt Groves, Drew Hardyk and the pajama-clad Kevin Kelly O'Brien.
The 5th place trio (+6) somehow managed to beat my foursome and Harry Smith's foursome with one golfer (Matt Groves) playing despite a stress fracture (and against doctor's order!) and another pseudo-golfer wearing pajama-bottoms made for a young boy.  The fact that the pajama bottoms were a big step up from last year's attire meant nobody raised a stink at all.  I hear next year Kelly O'Brien will be wearing something Corporal Klinger wore on the M*A*S*H set 30 years ago.  But that may just be a rumor.

Coach Hardyk must have played lights-out to attain the score he did, essentially a 77 by himself with 2 irritating caddies! (just kidding guys! I've taken a little flak for sounding a little cruel here. Sorry. Just having fun.)

2 comments:

  1. I'd say the mix was about 50-25-25. Coach H mostly dominated off the tee. But that was expected with Matt using clubs about 6" too short (no wonder his back is messed up) and my using for only the second time hybrid woods (to help the environment of course) and big head driver instead of my Hal Sutton hand-me-downs I got in '81.

    And for the record Hawk and LTM, the shirt is a Mens Medium and the PJ bottoms a Boys Medium (I feel the snickers already) and they coordinated.

    Hmm, Klinger??? I like your thought pattern, Skwilli.

    KKOB80

    ReplyDelete
  2. Klinger attire would be much better than, say, a Lady GaGa meat dress. Klinger always had a classy way of dressing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics