Saturday, June 28, 2014

Murmurs From Javelin Nation: (and What's Coming Next?)

I have had the longest dry spell of my blogging "career".  And it isn't through writer's block or anything.  I actually haven't had enough time to get to it.  I have been busy at work trying to get ready for my annual trip to Harper's Ferry (aka The Land of Internet Lost).  My day job really is interfering more and more with my blogging!  Here's gory proof of my latest work yesterday, an endoscopic plantar fasciotomy for recalcitrant plantar fascitis.  Despite what "know-it-alls" tell you, it's 94% successful at eradicating the scourge once-and-for-all.

This one was really smooth, taking 6 total minutes!
First up, we forgot to mention the fine PSU finishes in the Javelin at Day 2 of the USATF Championships.  Karlee McQuillen placed 8th with a toss of 181' 0" and Laura Loht finished 12th with a best of 163' 8".

I'm also working on a few posts of times gone by.  One is a detailed look back at the Phi Psi 500 again, this time through the eyes of a new internet friend and real-life friend of Pete Bortolotti and Charlie Maquire.  It turns out there is a healthy Hash House Harrier group in State College sponsoring frequent "Beer Miles".  That's something this near teetotaler never knew about.  I'll try to bring you more while on vacation, while complaining about camping as usual!

I'm also working on a look back at the 1975 NCAA Cross Country Championships, which were hosted at PSU's Blue Golf Course. The classic dual between Craig "Surgin" Virgin and Nick Rose was featured.  I had an opportunity to speak with Craig several years ago and you may be surprised by what he remembers most about that day!

And I'll bet Matt is sleeping in, but will bring us the news from Day 3 of the USATF Championships when he finally rouses. (Hint: nice run Cas!)




1 comment:

  1. Another mid-goot striker cured!
    :-)

    The pic on right looks likecan ugly dolphin, as opposed to the ugly Dolfins we wore in the day.
    KKOB80

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics