Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Slaw And Fries On The Sammich

From Onward State

"Penn State bros everywhere suffer a major loss today. After weeks of speculation, multiple sources have confirmed to Onward State that the Gingerbread Man will close its doors this summer to make way for the iconic Pittsburgh sandwich shop and bar franchise Primanti Bros....."

Looks appetizing enough.

Yinzers rejoice, you finally have a Pittsburgh staple to enjoy. I always thought it was weird there wasn't a Pittsburgh favorite in State College, considering half of the student population is from that area. I mean we have cheesesteak and pretzel places for the Philly folk and the locals associate more with Western PA than Eastern (unfortunately).

As for losing the GMAN. Can't say I am to upset as I never really went to the place. So no tears shed and I am kind of looking forward to seeing if Primanti Brothers is worth the hype.

As I was writing this post I have found out that Beth Alford-Sullivan will be leaving Happy Valley for Rocky Top as she as accepted the Director of Track and Field/Cross Country position at Tennessee. We will have more on this soon.

3 comments:

  1. An excellent post! You handled the news in a very mirthful manner. I will miss Coach Sullivan a lot. She helped play a part in my return to the fold as a proud PSU Track Alum. I will be forever grateful for that.

    And I wish the "Dirty O" would open a branch in State College. Their fries are the best and PSU needs a real hot dog joint. If I come into money, maybe that's exactly what I will do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who you calling a Dirty O???
    KK"O"B80.

    Interesting development consistent with a few rumblings I overheard at two of the indoor meets. Gonna miss Coach A-S. I wish Philly sports radio would spend a hundredth of the time on finding her successful successor as it does the NBA draft.

    And Matt, add a fried egg as well.

    KKOB80

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to BAS for all she did during her time in Happy Valley, I wish her well in Knoxville.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics