Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Alumni in the News! (Well, my news anyway...)

Back on the track!
Bridget Franek has returned to the track.  It's almost like she never left, as she won last weekend's Portland Classic 3K Steeplechase.  This comes after graduating from MBA school at Oregon.  Yeah, she's sorta kinda a Nittany Duck! Congrats Bridget.



Paul Ryan becomes a Velveteen Playboy fan!
Paul Souza sure does get around.  And although I don't know Paul's politics, I'll bet they don't completely align with Mr. Ryan.  This also gives me an opportunity to espouse a piece of mine.  We should all relish that we can live in a Country that has at least 2 opposing political heritages.  When I look around the world and try to find places that have only 1, I am amazed to realize that there isn't a single one of those places I would choose to emigrate to. The best example is, of course, North Korea.

Which reminds me....  Former javelin heaver Todd Leggett is now spending 2 weeks every month in the area just south of that blank spot in the center of the map above.  He is doing business there in a big way.  And he has a few thoughts about South Korea:

So I am in South Korea for two weeks every month !!! I have had a great experience so far and learned so much in a short period of time!!
1. No bars carry Makers!! I found one.....
2. The people here are very awesome, hard working, helpful and super nice to dumb foreigners.
3. Traffic sucks
4. Skype sucks here but is a must
5. Sling box really works....
And is a must for traveling
6. Jet lag is real...
7. The subways and airports are very efficient in Seoul
8. You must Learn to drink soju
9. Coffee is a drug here
10. Too many people smoke in Seoul

My best to everyone back in the States!!!
Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics