Wednesday, November 30, 2016

A Loss In The Golfing Community


Ron Moore sends us some word on the horrible fires throughout the Southeast, this time centered on the loss of a piece of his Penn State world.

I'll let Ron tell it in his own words...

For the 1992 Dogwood Relays, the PSU track team stayed in Gatlinburg. Three of us were not scheduled to run on the first day, so we stayed in Gatlinburg for the day. (If I recall correctly, it was me, Aidan O'Reilly, and Andy Scott???). Anyway, the three of us played mini golf on this course. Sad, very sad. I had told my family about this course, but we hadn't played it since moving to Knoxville.

Beloved miniature golf course destroyed in Gatlinburg's historic fires

When I was married in State College in 1988, my "Bachelor Party" was a mini-golf outing where everyone was invited.  I even won the "tournament of the known world" that evening.  Now that Hillbilly Golf is no more, I invite Ron to a trip to Central PA and another unbelievable mini-golf haven, Village Greens as part of a package to the Alumni Reunion and Big Ten Championships!  Bring the whole family and golf is on me!  There are quite a few other Alums nearby and we could have another "tourney for the known world"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics