Friday, June 8, 2012

School Record at NCAA Championships

They did it during the Indoor Season, so why not during the Outdoor Season?  Maybe even a couple of times.  Why not?

The quartet of Aaron Nodolsky (46.6), Brandon Bennett-Green (44.8), Casimir Loxsom (45.6) and Brady Gehret (44.22), qualified first for the finals of the 4 x 400 M Relay to be held on Saturday.  This gives them the Outdoor School Record by more than 2 seconds.   3:01.52

Brady Gehret will lace up the spikes on Friday evening in the Open 400M also.

As an editorial note, I have to say that the 400M has always been the event I never wanted to run.  It always seemed to me that it was the event that created the most lactic acid and brought someone closest to collapse at the end.  In high school I was often threatened with being placed as anchor on the 4 x 440 Yard Relay, which kept me the most behaved member of the team.

Having run thousands of "quarters" in training over the years, I have a healthy respect for anyone willing and able to run that distance in under 50 seconds.  although 54 was probably my very limited PR, I was able to run a 58 at the end of a 2-Mile, for whatever that is worth.

My hats are off to these guys, and I wish them luck in the finals.  May the stick fall right into your hands and may the track be scorched!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics