Friday, June 15, 2012

USATF Junior Championships


There are a few Nittany Lions at the USATF Junior Championships in Indianapolis this weekend.  Among them is Robbie Creese, seen here on the right celebrating the great 4 x 800 Championship of America victory at the Penn Relays this year. (Addendum:  That's really Ryan Brennan as "The Hulk".  Thanks to the anonymous commenter for the info.  As Emily Litella would say, "Nevermind!") That's him on the right flexing some muscles I, alas, never had.  I did bench my own weight one time, but that was a rare appearance in the weight room while Coach lurked in the background to check on us.  My usual weight workout was to "wait" until Coach Groves left and then skedaddle!

  1. Robbie Creese - 1500 M (3:49.33 to make the finals)
  2. Dynasty McGee - 400 M
  3. Abigail Benson - 3000 M, 3000 M SC

4 comments:

  1. Dave, that's actually Ryan Brennan pulling an impersonation of the HULK. Robbie is far too placid, and is most likely the one being hugged gently in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an idiot. Maybe I can blame it on my 52 year-old eyes and that I picked the photo out of a bunch of small thumbnails. Nah, I'm an idiot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tens of readers continually delight in your refusal to let facts get in the way of a good story!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's DOZENS of readers now! Get your facts straight before actually posting. hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics