Friday, June 29, 2012

Trapped Like a Rat in West Virginia

A whole week of vacation was put in jeopardy when the minivan hauling my teardrop trailer decided to blow up.   Thankfully it was only 1/2 mile from our destination, and the wonderful people of West Virginia came through for us in a big way.  No questions asked, they helped us unhook and then hauled our trailer to the campsite, thus restoring my faith in humanity.  I can't say enough good things to the good Samaritans in this limited-internet bubble along the Potomac River. The money I would have tipped them, which they steadfastly denied, will be used to further the cause of the 1,000 Mile Relay for the Kevin Dare Foundation.

My wedging of the campfire ring onto the back tire of our trail vehicle further threatened the beginning of "a week of leisure" I have worked more than 6 months for.  Luckily Uncle Gary was there to figure out a way out of the mess.  Now, just a new transmission and a new rear tire will put me back in action, although my blood pressure is sky-high and "leisure" is illusory at best.

A week at Gold's Gym on the treadmill for $35 is a bargain, as my hamstring still isn't able to handle the hills of West Virginia.  Hopefully, internet access with shortly improve so I can figure out what is going on in "the real world" soon. Good luck to the Nittany Lions at the Olympic Trials, Bridget Franek and the Javelin Throwers(?).

2 comments:

  1. You don't want to know what's going on, believe me. As my Father often says, "Don't tell me. I don't want to know."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics