Sunday, January 10, 2016

700 Miles* Of Rain and Pain

Two non-content posts in a row!  I'm likely to lose a few readers, but can't muster the effort to get a real post up.  I have too much to do trying to get the zoo back up and running (5 dogs, 5 cats, 3 fish, 2 mice all survived the week and were reaaallllly happy to see us.)

Lost my 25 year old orange tree in the week after its greatest production year ever.  Sad, but it could have been worse.  My two 35 year old houseplants made it unscathed.

The troops are in transit at the Marathon at Disney, hopefully completing their Dopey Quest (5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Marathon in successive days).  Daughters the Elder and Younger survived their initial Half Marathon yesterday.

I managed the 15 hour, 50 minute drive from Orlando to York with only 20 milligrams of caffeine and 3 brief stops.  The problem was the torrential rains from the Georgia/South Carolina border. It really made the driving difficult and I feel like crap today.  I'll get back on the horse to bring the usual low standard of drivel soon.  I have updates from several people to present, including an update from our European Laiason.

*From the Math Intern: Total 960 miles door-to-door = average 60.64mph, counting breaks.

1991-2016, RIP.


 
Web Statistics