Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Big Guys Can Do Practically Everything


I have noted for years that former Nittany Lion and Pittsburgh Steeler FULLBACK Jon Witman won the PIAA long jump in his Senior season of high school.  It was a rainy day and the jumpers seeded ahead of him couldn't get their steps correct.  Jon just did his usual thing and won with a 21-foot leap. (Or so, Blog Interns are scrambling to find that out!)

But nothing prepares us for this!  Olympian Darrell Hill in the triple jump at the New Balance Games at the Armory in NYC for his Penn Woods high school team in 2011.  He relates his jump was 39 feet, which eclipses any I have ever taken.


2 comments:

  1. Was it 2011? I don't see it listed
    http://ny.milesplit.com/meets/74255/results/147172/raw#.Wblkb7pFyM8

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will ask him next time I speak with him.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics