Saturday, March 15, 2014

Podcast #3: The Smart One

You would think that I would be getting better at things.  But alas, things didn't quite go as well for me this time.  I think that software conflicts and 3 different microphones somehow combined to make a fool of me.  But then I thought, what the heck.  If I'm highlighting academics and intelligence in our group, I might as well appear stupider than usual.  I pretty much just editied out pauses and "ums and ahs", and let the rest go.  So you have a podcast where the answers sometimes come slightly before the questions. Just like Jeopardy! And Jeopadry is smart, right? Feel free to make as much fun of me as you wish.


Ron Moore in the Tevatron with an Alumni Wrist Band.


This Podcast is a conversation with Ron Moore about both track and field/cross country and Physics.  What could go wrong, right?  Well I screwed it up, but the gist of it still comes through. Penn State Track and Field Alumni (Golfers) can be brainiacs too.  (Present company excluded, apparently.)

Ron Moore happened to be a fine runner for PSU in both cross country and track while maintaining good academics in a duel major in Physics and Mathematics.  Good enough in both to earn Academic All-American status in cross country and Phi Betta Kappa in academics!  He's a role model for everyone out there.

His career in Physics has taken him to Big Ten rival Michigan to France at the CERN facility to the Director of the Tevatron in the Chicago suburbs to Mass General Hospital in Boston.  I'm tired just typing that out, but Ron was just getting started after finishing our conversation.  He was heading out for a 3 hour run right afterward in his fledgling ultra-marathon running career.


Ron Moore (right) running the 4-mile loop above the Tevatron.

Ron will become our Official Physicist as soon as he returns to State College for a Reunion or a Coach Groves Golf Tourney.  And he knows I'll keep badgering him until he does!






This one is shorter than the previous ones, like I promised.  I added another song from our House Band, Paul Souza's Velveteen Playboys at the end.  (Darkest Hour from the Album, Shaken, Not Stirred.)

From our Unofficial (only because I'm thinking of an appropriate ceremony!) French Translator in the far reaches of Canada...

I'm sure you noticed Ron Moore's T-shirt read  (in French)   "Without a Clue, but never without Beer"  
George Brose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics