Sunday, March 16, 2014

Gate River Run

Three alums competed in the Gate River Run in Jackonsville, FL Sunday morning. The event served as the 2014 USATF 15K Championships. (Full results here)

          Place  Finisher                                                          Time
          20       Tyler McCandless - Boulder, CO 27 M      45:54
          29       Owen Dawson - Coatesville, PA 25 M        46:30
          31       Kyle Dawson - Coatesville, PA 25 M          46:38
 
Tyler and his Newton Elite training partners


2 comments:

  1. He'll probably want to throw a right cross my way for saying this, but Owen Dawson should try the Steeplechase soon. A certain Harry Groves told me the same thing 30 years ago and I ignored him. Dumb move on my part. It's one of the hardest running events, but if you've got the height and the speed, it's a way to make a US team. Based on his road racing times, I think sub 8:20 is a possibility. And I'd much rather he held the alumni record! LTM

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Larry, in other words, it was my height that held me back in the steeplechase? hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics