Monday, September 24, 2012

I Was Only Kidding, Now I'm Worried

For the last 3 weeks I've had a respiratory infection that had to be more than the common cold.  I facetiously opined that I had SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome).  I did this because of my experience of seeing the origins of the disease in South China before anyone knew what it was.  It was only supposed to garner me a minor chuckle and just a little bit of sympathy.  I took 2 courses of antibiotics that wreaked havoc on my entire body and managed to keep The Streak alive.  But I still feel awful and still cough more than anyone ever should.

Now the news is leaking out that a new virus related to the SARS (and common cold) virus has emerged from the Middle East and has patients around the world quite ill.

Now I'm hoping someone will come from the CDC and quarantine me for a few days.  I would love a few days off work.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics