Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I Haven't Changed At All In 36 Years!

Photo by Dr. David Litrenta


There aren't many photos of me from that era.  It wasn't my style.  This one was taken by a patient of mine and presented to me today as partial payment for the visit.   I think that may be my mom in the background, although I may be wrong on that.  Maybe my sister will help me out on that one.  The other shadow was my best friend Dan Spangler who I cropped out of the photo because none of you would have been able to pick me out if I kept him in it.  By the looks of things, this was right before Districts of my Senior year.  I had just run a lead-off 2:01 Half and 4:27 Mile.  My Coach wouldn't let me run the 2 Mile or the 880 Y that day, so I think that accounts for the smile.

Zoom in on the socks to see the "peds", complete with the little ball in the back, my preferred footwear at the time.

4 comments:

  1. No, I don't think that's mom sitting on the curb in the background. She was most likely sitting in the bleachers holding your cold drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, I think your coach let you run the 2 Mile that year. You won in a record 9:22.21.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom went to all my meets but never actually watched me run, she was so nervous. I now know how she felt watching her namesake in the recent WITF Spelling Bee. I hated having to watch that. I was more nervous than I used to get during a basketball game having to "bring the ball up". I was never nervous at all for running.

    And that District record still stands! (They started running the 3200 M the next year.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That singlet looks like a medium...did you order that from a store in Glenolden?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics