Thursday, April 25, 2013

Penn Relays is Efficiency at its Finest

Photo by Steve Shisler, Note the time!

efficiency
noun, plural ef·fi·cien·cies.
1 .the state or quality of being efficient; competency in performance.
2 .accomplishment of or ability to accomplish a job with a minimum expenditure of time and effort: The assembly line increased industry's efficiency.
3. the ratio of the work done or energy developed by a machine, engine, etc., to the energy supplied to it, usually expressed as a percentage.
4. The Penn Relays.

I added that last one.  Somehow, Dictionary.com forgot to include that.  Nothing explains the word better than having a 4 x 400 M relay scheduled every 5 minutes and running ahead of schedule at a facility from the Middle Ages.
The Track Office (probably our own Energizer Lion?) put together a great series of  daily guides to PSU's footprint at the greatest Carnival on Earth.  I'm printing them out and keeping them on hand to keep up with all of the results.
 Saturday

 The closest I will come to Penn Relays today is the Jamaican Jerk style Slim Jim I had at breakfast!  (And you can all lecture me about my diet when you come to the Alumni Reunion and Golf Tournament.)

6 comments:

  1. I'm in the midst of dozens of Penn Relays competitors at the Springhill Suites in Ridley Park PA, where I am in my fifth week of habitation due to delayed action by Nationwide on my house damage from Super Storm Sandy. I recognized several of the women from PSU indoor meets and had some short chats. It is mostly women and Cornell at that with a Dathmouth sighting thrown in (she is a thrower). I asked a team rep (Lou, who worked at PSU in early 80s and knows the Shielded) if I could ask the team as a sorta group 20 questions for our blog...what ya think? Question suggestions? In fact the rep was in middle of texting PSU's Mrs. Startare when I approached him. (OMG! The breakfast bar attendant Susan just spilled something and squealed "He's as useless as a tit on a bull."

    KKO'B'80'PSU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good idea. Your topics are practically endless. I always ask questions that interest me, the rest be damned. So go to town, but emphasize how great Penn State Track is, how great Penn Relays are and food, always food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Nationwide is on your side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the picture of the watch (and the time displayed!)...
    TRB

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo was stolen from Steve's Facebook site. I thank him profusely. It is great, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics