Tuesday, February 11, 2014

An Olympic Public Service For My Dozens of Readers

There's a beer nearby, I'm pretty sure.
I really miss those carefree Sunday afternoons when I lived in Detroit and wasn't on duty at the Hospital.  I could tune into CBC and watch some hot Curling action whenever I wanted to.  I came to love the sport most American make fun of.  The day I saw a contestant sipping from a frosty mug placed strategically on the ice, I was hooked.  Imagine that, a sport where you can keep your beer cold while "throwing" 46 pound rocks across a frozen lake.  What's not to like?

So here's a great introduction to the sport by someone who apparently thinks a lot like me:

A Beginners Guide to Curling: The Greatest Sport on Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics