Sunday, February 2, 2014

An Update on the Podcast Thing

The Penn State National weekend was a great success, both on the track and in the field, and in the Podcast Booth.  I conquered my fears and actually did it.  (Those fears were real.  I was as nervous as a schoolgirl on school photo day all week!) The consensus from everyone there was quite positive, and Coach Groves seems eager to expand on the subject of training in future episodes.

I spent yesterday with wonderful people watching 6 hours or so of track and field action.  And during the break I actually convinced Coach Groves, Greg Fredericks and co-blogger Matt Groves to join me in creating our group's very first podcast.  I'm calling it The Sub-4 One in honor of the theme of sub-4 minute miles (8 in a row!) at the Penn State National Event.  We discussed what it takes to dip under the magical barrier with Coach and Greg, with some second-hand help from questions via email from Larry Mangan and Ryan Foster.  Ryan was at the meet, but waaaay too busy to join us.  He probably put in several sub-4's running around yesterday.  I also got to get a few words with Coach Gondak and Owen Dawson, just after running a 4:01.3 mile on the track.  I missed Coach Alford-Sullivan as the meet ended after my official bed-time.  But I'll get some quotes from her in future podcasts.

Now you may wonder, Where is this Podcast?  

Well, it's not done yet. Your humble blog host is flying by the seat of his pants and needs to learn the next tricks of the trade.  But the recording is officially made and the other various tracks and even music is now assembled.  I will go to the book (Podcasting for Dummies!) and learn how to edit and host the podcast so my dozens of readers can download and listen to the wisdom of Greg and Coach. Keep checking back....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics