Monday, February 3, 2014

The First Podcast: The Sub-4 One

I think I have everything in a suitable form and have learned a lot along the way.  An old dog CAN learn new tricks.  By no means is it perfect, but it's better than some others I have listened to.  And it stars Coach Groves and Greg Fredericks. It is 35 minutes long, but ones in the future should be between 20 and 30 minutes.

The music is by permission from our House Band, the Velveteen Playboys with PSU high jump record holder Paul Souza.  The sax solo at the end is by Robert Gay.  If you haven't heard them yet, you are in for a treat.  Paul will be our guest for the next podcast to discuss his 18 year coaching career, rock and roll, and the upcoming Track and Field/Rock and Roll tour coming this Outdoor Season.  We'll hear more of them next time!

I can't thank them enough, as well as Matt Groves, who somehow shares my vision for the blog and what we can accomplish with it.  When I say I want the largest and most active Track and Field Alumni Group in the world, I mean it.  In discussions with others during the weekend, I am even more convinced that in all the phases of my life, PSU Track Alums are the most interesting, accomplished, and intelligent people I have ever met.  Each of us has more in common with even alumni from PSU Track from decades apart than we do with many of our peers outside of Track.  Except for maybe the tattoos...

Hope you enjoy it.


Creative Commons License
Penn State Track and Field Alumni Golf by David Foster Baskwill is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://psutafalumnigolf.blogspot.com.

3 comments:

  1. Forgive me if this is obvious but how do I download this so that I can listen to it on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not yet figured out how to get a RSS feed up and running. This old dog is still learning new tricks. Soon, Grasshopper, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Instructions for downloading the podcast are up in a newer post. I'm still working on getting it onto iTunes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics