Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Long Run Memories

Flotrack stuck around an extra day after the Penn State National to film the men on their Sunday long run. Today it is featured as their "Workout Wednesday".



A lot of mystery from Rusty Boots to long run stories. We have more secrets and inside tales than Skull and Bones or the Freemasons. I am sure someone could write a book with stories about cramming 20 guys into a van and running 15-20 miles out at Bear Meadows or Black Moshannon. I have one from a rainy early September morning my junior year. We were cutting through a certain local golf course on the way back to the track. I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings, there was a sudden drop off, and next thing I know I am swimming in the golf course pond.

I can name every area of town featured on that run. Blue and grays? Looks like team issued running tights and the State Penn long sleeves with the Rusty Boots on the back.

3 comments:

  1. I have adopted the Horace Ashenfelter III definition of a long run. Anything between 3-5 miles counts. More than 5 would be ultra-training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felice, Clelland and I ruined Groves' car when he rescued us from an errant 20 mi Colyer Lake run that took us over thickhead. It started an every man for himself rule for lost souls.
    BDBoyer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised cannibalism wasn't involved.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics